Offering Nonprofits Communication, Calendar, and Tools
Tri-City Voice, January 5, 2021
- Searchable directory of Tri-City Nonprofits
- Comprehensive event/activity master calendar
- Education events (Zoom meetings, webinars, speaker series, presentation)
- List of public meeting spaces
- Social and networking events
New filing forms for nonprofits from the CA Attorney General’s office – don’t use the old ones in 2021!
The Attorney General’s office oversees nonprofits and fundraising professionals in California, though they are not the only department that requires nonprofit filings (for example, the Franchise Tax Board).
This year, the AG’s office updated a number of forms that some nonprofits are required to file, including:
- Registration – for new organizations
- Renewal – annual registration renewal form, required for most organizations
- Raffles – if you host a raffle during the year, you’re required to file for a permit and a post-event report
- Professional Fundraisers – for firms or people who charge for their fundraising services, including online fundraising platforms
Beginning January 1, 2021, the new versions are the only forms that will be accepted. The use of old forms will cause a delay in your registration/renewal.