The TCNPC’s primary focus is to support all nonprofit organizations in the area by providing:
- Information about local organizations who provide services, or information to support and help members of our community.
- Information about events sponsored by local organizations that would be of interest to the community, whether for entertainment, education, participation, or fundraising purposes.
- Information about local businesses or organizations who support nonprofit organizations, via direct service, discounts, or other means.
- Presentations and general information about topics that may be of interest to nonprofit organizations, their staff, board members, volunteers, or supporters.
What is included under “nonprofit?”
The definition of nonprofit organization is clear when it comes to IRS determination of nonprofit status as a charitable organization. In addition, there are local organizations which may be appropriate to list in our directories even without that IRS determination, because:
- They are new organizations currently forming and intending to file for nonprofit status in the future.
- They are established organizations whose nonprofit status application is in progress.
- They are local community activism or advocacy groups brought together to address immediate or short-term projects or community needs. These groups are generally run by volunteers, do not have paid staff or a board, and cannot provide tax-deduction opportunities to donors. Even so, their efforts fit within the spirit of our definition of working to better the lives of community members.
We have decided at this time not to include religious organizations or places of worship in our directory, as they have very specific target audiences with an expectation of faith or religious belief to participate. While the IRS automatically recognizes churches as having 501(c)(3) status, they do not go through the same formal process as organizations offering a service to the community at large.
Religious organizations may sponsor events that would be suitable for inclusion in our directory, when the events are open to the public as a means of general education about the specific faith, and not limited to that religious organization’s members.
There are no fees or membership requirements to attend any of TCNPC’s sponsored events or presentations; they are open to all. Zoom events may require advance registration to receive the link, but all who register will be provided with access.
- TCNPC reserves the right to approve or deny any request for inclusion in our website or social media channels, on a case-by-case basis.
- TCNPC reserves the right to remove any listing on our website or social media channels at any time.